Problem Reporting

Home/Problem Reporting
Problem Reporting2020-01-10T22:50:43+00:00

Reporting Problems

From Footpaths to Fly Tipping, many issues around the Parish of Harpole are the responsibility of other Councils or organisations. While we look to bring pressure where needed, the best and fastest way to initiate a resolution is to report the problem via one of the routes below. Some of these have changed, e.g. footpaths, so please read the information.

Street Lights

Roads and Pavements

Reporting Streetlight Problems

Fill the form HERE to report a street light not working

Report problems with a local road, street or pavement

by contacting the County Council’s Street doctor: HERE

Fly Tipping


Reporting Fly Tipping

If you witness fly-tipping or wish to report dumped rubbish, please provide as much information as possible (e.g., date, time, vehicle registration, location, type of rubbish). Report fly-tipping – HERE

Reporting Potholes

The first port of call should always be the County Council. You can report potholes and any other problems with a local road, street or pavement by contacting the County Council’s “Fix my street” page HERE
You can even add photographs to illustrate the problem

Footpaths / Rights of Way

Change in reporting process

Until recently Footpath issues needed to be reported to the Footpaths officer who would liaise with the County Council’s Team. With the preparations for a move to a unitary authority, Harpole has changed areas and the map below shows the new areas.

Issues with access and other footpath issues are now reported online to “Fix My Street”

by contacting the County Council’HERE




Please find below advice, links to agencies that can help should your property be at risk from flooding

If you believe a person/persons are at risk take immediate action and contact the emergency services (police/fire/ambulance) on 999. Northamptonshire Police can be contacted for non-emergencies on 101.

Information can be found on the SNC website concerning contact numbers, how to build a sandbag wall and details of a Household Emergency Plan Booklet, also more information can be found Northamptonshire Local Flood Risk Management Strategy – Public Summary report. Check to see if there are any flood warnings in your area by visiting the Environment Agency website.

Contacts for help and support

National – The Environment Agency operates a national Floodline and can be contacted on 0845 988 1188 or 0345 988 1188.

Northamptonshire – Northamptonshire County Council (NCC) is the lead local authority with overall responsibility for flood risk management in the county. All enquiries relating to flooding and flood risk should be reported to NCC direct.

How to contact Northamptonshire County Council:

Surface water flooding/road drainage

– This is the responsibility of Northamptonshire Highways Department: 0300 126 1000

Main sewers and pipework shared by more than one property

– This is the responsibility of the Water Authority.

  • Anglian Water: 03457 145 145
  • Thames Water: 0845 9200 800

Single private pipework blockage/flooding

– This is the responsibility of the householder and it is their responsibility to have it unblocked. (This is pipework which leaves a single property and meets either a shared pipe with other properties or the main sewer.)

Useful information

Weather Forecasts

To check the river levels for our area visit:

To check if your property/premises are in a flood warning area visit:

Individuals or communities who have suffered flooding, or who are at risk of flooding can contact the National Flood Forum on 01299 403055 for advice.

For health concerns during or after a flood, call 111.

Information about disruption to services is provided by South Northamptonshire Council.

Click here for more information